2016 FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES ANNUAL CONFERENCE
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Globalization is the outcome of improved technologies that has led to the production of large numbers of goods and services. It is also the harbinger of current global economic depression that has posed greater challenge to organizations and nations throughout the world. Many nations in the world are now faced with problems of insecurity, crises, war, mass unemployment and poverty. Less attentions have been placed on to the use of management strategies to solve most of the problems. This conference will explore and provide various methods of managing organizations and nations from different management perspectives in order to improve organizational and national development. We hope to stimulate and promote researches on major aspects of management such that each of them could be used for improved organizational performance and national development most especially in low and middle income countries. In addition to the regular sessions in major fields of management, the conference will also explore major areas in the Social Sciences and Humanities especially in understanding of the subject matters and to proffer solutions to the multifarious problems confronting organizational and nations. We welcome contributions from all are relevant disciplines including Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations, Insurance, Public Administration, Management Technology, Law, Economics, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Geography and others. The Conference will bring together large numbers of Management and Social Scientists and Practitioners from wide range of disciplines.
We suggest a number of sub themes, but they are not intended to exclude papers on other related areas.
Suggested Sub Themes of the Conference are as follows:
1. Managing Technology for Sustainable National Development.
2. Project Management for Sustainable Development
3. Project Management Techniques for Organizations Development.
1. Managing Financial Risk in the Face of Currency Value Fluctuation.
2. Budget implementation in Monolithic Economy in an Era of Global Oil Price Crashes.
3. Political Risk Perception and Management in the Face of Insurgency and Militancy.
4. Food Security in Nigeria: Possible Application of Agricultural Insurance for Sustainable Supply of Foodstuff.
5. Economic Restructuring and Diversification, Managing the Inherent Risks.
6. Economic Development; Religion Intolerance and Associate Risks.
1. Good Governance and development in the Public Sector.
2. Managerialism, Governance and Development.
3. Problematizing the Concept of Governance and Development.
4. Development Management and the Public Sector in Africa.
5. Governance and Corruption in the Public Sector.
6. Policy, Political Parties and Development in Africa.
7. Managing Electoral System in the 21st Century.
1. Strategic Management and Technology Driven Mechanism in Business Operation.
2. Development of Entrpreneurial Skills to Sustain Business and Economic Development.
3. Managing Small Businesses and Leadership Styles.
4. Corporate Governance and Business Ethics.
5. Managing Compensation Packages and Business Development.
Human Resources Management and Industrial Relations
1. Managing Human Resource for Organizational and National Development.
2. Employment Relations Strategies for Organizational competitiveness.
3. Technology Challenge to Human Resource Management and Employment Relations.
4. Human Development Strategies for Unemployment and Poverty Reduction
5. Managing the New Forms of Work for Organizational Improved Performance.
6. Global Economy Challenges to Trade Union Mobilization and Survival.
1. International Export Marketing Technique
2. Electronic Marketing in Nigeria
3. Marketing Communication Strategies
4. Petroleum Marketing in Nigeria
5. Marketing of Marine Services
6. Distributive and Logistic Management
7. Procurement and Supply Line Management
8. Small Business Management and Entrepreneurial Development
Banking and Finance
1. Management of Financial Institutions
2. Corporate Finance and Finance Management
3. Investment and Portfolio Management
4. International Finance
5. Capital Market Studies
6. Comparatives Financial System
7. Marketing of Financial System
8. Public Sector Finance
9. Finance Aspects of Development
1. Challenges of Financial Reporting in Public and Private Sector
2. Public Sector Performance and Effective Budgeting
3. Contemporary Challenges in Auditing
4. Accounting and Accountability for Organizational Competitiveness
5. Technology Challenge to Accounting System
DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF THE ABSTRACTION: 9TH NOVEMBER, 2016
ABSTRACT TO BE SENT TO:
DR. YUNUS DAUDA
Mobile No: 08080770474
CONFERENCE FEE: US$75 /€45 / £60 / =N=15,000.00
FOR ENQUIRIES CONTACT:
Dr. Yunus Dauda
(Chairman Conference Committee)
Dr. N.S. Alaka
(Secretary Conference Committee)