AKINSANYA, Sunny Ajose
Lagos State University Council Member and Rtd. Head of Service (Lagos State)
Mr. Akinsanya Sunny Ajose, who hails from Wathon Compound in Boekoh Quarters of the historic town of Badagry in the Badagry Local Government Area, was born on February 10, 1946 in Zaria, Kaduna State.
His Education which commenced in 1954 at Ijaiye Baptist Day School transversed the following schools and job experience:
- 1.1954-1959: Tinubu Methodist Day School - First School Leaving Certificate
- 2.1961–1964: Badagry Divisional Grammar School
- 3.1965–1967: De La Salle Institute Chicago, Illinois USA - Diploma, Majored in Political Science and Accounting.
- 4.1965–1967: Cosmopolitan Chamber of Commerce Free School of Business Management, USA - Certificate in Business Management
- 5.1971: Kennedy– King College Chicago Illinois, U.S.A. - Majored in Political Science with Minor in Psychology.
- 6.1973: University of Illinois, Chicago, U.S.A - Bachelor of Arts Degree in Liberal Arts and Science. Majored in Political Science with Minor in Sociology.
- 7.1974: Governor’s State University, Parkforest South, Illinois, U.S.A. - Master of Arts in Social Science. Majored in Political Science
Mr. Ajose’s active working life began in May 1975 when he secured an appointment as Personnel Programmes Administrator with IBM Nigeria Limited, Lagos, a computer manufacturing and marketing company, where he worked up till December 1978. He was later in June 1979 employed by the Lagos State Government and deployed to the Civil Service Commission where he served as an Administrative Officer Grade VI until June 1981.
In recognition of his administrative erudition, leadership qualities, capacity for hard work and loyalty to the State Government, Mr. Akinsanya Sunny Ajose was appointed as the Head of Service by the Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Administration in July 2004 a position he held until his statutory retirement from the Civil Service in February 2006.
A dynamic and efficient Administrator, Mr. Ajose was reappointed and served as Special Adviser to His Excellency, the former Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu from April 2006 to May 2007. In that capacity, he was priviledged to have headed the management team of the Governor’s Office when the present Governor, His Excellency Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola left the position of Chief of Staff to embark on the journey to the No 1 position in the State.
Mr. Ajose has also been saddled with other responsibilities some of which includes the
- i.Overseeing of the general administration of the State Governor’s Office
- ii.Coordination of the activities of the Project Monitoring and Evaluation Directorate (formerly Project Implementation Monitoring Unit PIMU)
- iii.Coordination of the 9 Regional Development Agencies (RDA)
- iv.Coordination of the Management Services and Reforms Directorate (formerly Management Services and Reforms Office, MSRO)
- v.Coordination of His Excellency’s schedules and activities
- vi.Overall coordination and direction of ministerial activities, political intelligence, Relationship management/Liaison with Embassies High Commission and other bodies;
- vii.Advising the State Chief Executive and providing general support amongst others.
Since joining the State Civil Service, the Special Adviser to the Governor has attended a host of management courses and capacity building. These include:
- i.Finance and Accounting Tools for Manager: Enterprise Consulting Group Ltd., Lagos.
- ii.Management Consulting Training, Administrative Staff College of Nigeria and Hickling-Partners Training Institute, Canada:
- iii.International Advanced Management: International Management Institute, Geneva, Switzerland
- iv.Workshop on Advance Human Resources And Financial Management: Institute of Management Development Lusanne, Switzerland.
- v.Management Analysis and Consultancy Skills:
- vi.Management Service Training, Royal Institute of Public Administration, Regent College, London UK.
- 1.Fellow, Institute of Public Administration of Nigeria
- 2.Fellow, Institute of Management Consultancy (U.K)
- 3.Fellow, Nigerian Institute for Training and Development
- 4.Member, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria
MEMBERSHIP OF BOARDS OF PARASTATALS
- 1.1981, Lagos State Water Corporation
- 2.1982, Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (Establishment Committee)
- 3.1992, Lagos State Development and Property Corporation
- 4.1992, Lagos State Building Investment Limited
- 5.2013, Director, Mutual Benefit Transport Limited
- 6.2013, Director, APEL Capital Investment Limited
- 7.2015, Member, Governing Council; Lagos State University
- 1.Award of Excellence and Professionalism in Managing People for Corporate Success by Chattered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria.
- 2.Award of Excellence in Public Service by RATTAWU
- 3.Dedicated achievement award in Public Administration from American Biographical Institute USA
- 4.African Meritorious Service Award by Africa International Media Organization
- 5.Distinguished Nation-Builders Merit Award by Complete Success Magazine
- 6.Administrators Award, Business Administration and Management Studies Association, LASU
- 7.Merit Award for Transformational Leadership from Asiwaju Front Liners 2014 Merit Award by LASUMPA
- 8.Excellence in Humanitarian Award by Rotaract Club of Ajara
- 9.National Award of Officer of Order of Niger (OON) by Federal Government
- 10.Honorary Doctorate of Letters Award by Bibliographical Centre Cambridge U.K
- 11.Outstanding Contribution to the Development of Badagry Division from OSAB
- 12.Lagos Badagry Corridor –Man Of the Year by De Voice Media Group
- 13.Outstanding Professional Award for dedicated achievements in the field of Public Administration by the American Biographical Institute United States of America.