AUDITORIUM RENTAL FORMS
Kindly find below list of forms to be filled for the Rental of the Auditorium Facilities in the University.
APPROVED OPERATIONAL MAINTENANCE GUIDELINES FOR USE OF LECTURE THEATRES:
A. ADEREMI MAKANJUOLA THEATRE
B. UNIVERSITY MAIN AUDITORIUM
C. MBA ADMINISTRATION AUDITORIUM
D. RESERVED HALL IN 3-IN-1 LECTURE THEATRE
The policy guidelines for the Management of University facilities under the Facility Management Unit shall be as follows:
- Facility Application Processing
- Facility Maintenance
- Facility Audit
- FACILITY APPLICATION PROCESSING
The following general guidelines shall apply for the use of lecture theatres in the University:
- University Lecture Theatres shall be accessible to all Faculties and Departments for the purpose of Lectures. It shall also be accessible to both internal and external users for the purpose of conferences, symposiums and workshops at a fee.
- In the event that request for the use facility for the purpose of students lectures clashes with the use of facility for a fee, priority shall be given to the students lecture.
- Notwithstanding (b) above, the use of facility for a fee shall take precedence if it has been approved one (1) month ahead of the date of usage.
- Other than the purpose of students’ lectures, a sum of N250,000 with additional N30,000 refundable caution fee shall be charged for the purpose of conferences, symposiums and workshops.
- The Lagos State University Ventures shall coordinate the commercial use of the facility which includes payments/charges after obtaining clearance from the Facility Management Unit.
- A benchmark audience of 70% and 95% rated capacity of the facility shall be required as minimum and maximum audience respectively for approval to be granted so as to forestall overstretching of the facility.
Furtherance to the above general guidelines the following steps shall guide the processing of applications for use of Lecture Theatres:
- Prospective applicant shall complete and print Application Form (Form A / Form B) from the University’s web page;
- The applicant submits the endorsed Application Form to the Facility Management Unit;
- The Facility Management Officer processes the received Application Form for the attention of the Registrar;
- The Facility Management Officer conveys the Registrar’s approval / regret to the applicant.
- In the event that the application in (ii) above is not for students lecture, the Facility Management Officer shall convey the Registrar’s approval to the LASU Ventures where the applicant shall fulfill all financial requirements.
- The Facility Management Officer shall conduct the applicant on pre-event inspection tour round the facility to examine the state of the facility and complete Form CI appropriately.
- The Facility Management Officer shall communicate approved date to all Units’ representative responsible for various operations of the facility.
- Each Unit’s representative shall fill and submit a pre and post event report (Form D) of activities in their respective units (Note: it shall be the responsibility of the Unit’s representative to ensure that equipment under his/her care are functional with their status well captured in the reports)
- The Facility Management Officer shall conduct the applicant on post-event inspection tour round the facility to examine the state of the facility after use and complete Form CII appropriately.
- Where there is no damage on the facility, the Facility Management Officer shall issue a clearance to the user for the processing of the caution fee refund from the LASU Ventures, otherwise the Facility Management Officer shall issue to the user and (or) LASU Ventures, a surcharge notice in the value of the damage as recommended by the specific Unit having technical know-how.
- If an approval was not backed with financial commitment within five (5) days, the approval would be revoked and the facility would be allocated to another user.
- Third (3rd) party intended user of the facility must produce a guarantor within the University not below the rank of a Professor or Deputy Registrar.
- FACILITY MAINTENANCE
The facility shall be maintained on continuous and periodic basis; however the following procedure shall apply for maintenance of facilities;
- The Directorate of Audit shall undertake inventory and label all equipment in every facility with the Inventory Card visibly displayed in all offices and applicable areas of the facility.
- The record of inventory shall be verified on routine basis;
- When a component requires to be replaced, the specific University’s Unit having the technical know-how shall recommend for the replacement part while the Directorate of Internal Audit shall inspect and confirm that the part is installed.
- In the event that the part to be replaced was damaged by a user (Third Party) of the facility, the cost shall be borne by the user from the refundable caution fee;
- Where the cost in (iv) above exceeds the deposited refundable caution fee, the user shall be made to bear the cost of repair in line with the undertaken signed in the application for use of facility form;
- Where the user in (iv) above is a Department in the University, the cost of repair shall be charged to the Vote of the Department in line with the mandate for surcharge contained in the facility application form.
- Where the facility is used for students’ lecture, the cost of repair shall be borne by the students in the lecture class where the damage occurs.
- In the event that the Facility Management Unit defaults in reporting damage, the cost of repair shall be borne by staff of the Unit
The Facility Management Officer shall present to the Registrar a comprehensive monthly report of activities in the Unit.
- FACILITY AUDIT
The Directorate of Internal Audit shall undertake routine audit activities of all equipment and facilities available in the Lecture Theatre in addition to its role in replacement of damaged parts.
Detailed policy and procedure of the audit trail as applicable in the University shall be provided and implemented by the Directorate of Internal Audit.
Click here to download Facility Rentage Form A
Click here to download Facility Rentage Form B
Click here to download the PDF Format